Pre-departure guide for international students
9. Useful organizations and resources
For additional details about studying in Canada, consult these helpful online resources:
- Official Study in Canada Portal
Includes a program finder, cost calculator, study permit information, and links to provincial, territorial and individual school information.
- Government of Canada Scholarships
Contains a list of major international scholarships funded by the Government of Canada.
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Offers information for international students considering Canada as a study destination, including study permits, visa details and work permits.
- Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC)
Provides leadership in education at the pan-Canadian and international levels and contributes to the fulfilment of the constitutional responsibility for education conferred on provinces and territories.
- Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC)
In cooperation with the provinces and territories, CICIC provides the Directory of Educational Institutions, the only authoritative on-line database of universities, colleges and institutes in Canada. The site also includes information on how academic credentials earned outside Canada are assessed and recognized for study purposes.
- Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan)
Represents colleges and institutes to government, business and industry, both in Canada and internationally.
- Universities Canada
Represents Canadian public and private not-for-profit universities and university-degree level colleges.
- Canadian Association of Public Schools – International (CAPS-I)
Represents Canadian public school districts/boards that recruit international students at the elementary and secondary levels.
- Association des collèges et universités de la francophonie canadienne (ACUFC) (French only)
Brings together post-secondary institutions in eight Canadian provinces outside Quebec.
- Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS)
Represents Canadian elementary and secondary independent schools from across Canada, some of which offer boarding to international students.
- Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE)
Dedicated to the promotion of Canada’s international relations through international education.
- Languages Canada
Represents Canadian language schools accredited under an internationally recognized quality-assurance mechanism.
- Polytechnics Canada
Represents the leading polytechnic institutions in Canada that offer stand-alone bachelor’s degrees in addition to all other college-level programs.
- Date Modified: