Competition open for Canadians: Canada-China Scholars’ Exchange Program, 2017-2018
November 24, 2016 – Canadian academics, students and professionals can now apply for scholarships for studies, research, and Chinese language training in China.
- Program name: Canada-China Scholars’ Exchange Program
- Funding organizations: Global Affairs Canada and the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China
- Target audiences: Canadian students (college, undergraduate and graduate levels in Canada); Canadian faculty members and research staff at a post-secondary institution in Canada; Canadian mid-career professionals
- Number of scholarships: Over 20
- Duration: 4 to 12 months for students; and 8 weeks to 12 months for faculty members and mid-career professionals
- Inclusions: Airfare, tuition fees, monthly living allowance, housing, medical insurance, and teaching and research materials
- Deadline: March 6, 2017
For full program details and to submit an online application, visit: Canada-China Scholars’ Exchange Program
Benjamin Nzojibwami, 2014-2015 Awardee
"My goal of living and studying in China was made possible by the Canada-China Scholars’ Exchange Program. It gave me the opportunity to fully immerse myself into a culture and a language that I loved. While in Beijing, I was able to enroll in a full-time Chinese language program at Beijing Normal University (BNU)."
Qingguo Li, 2015-2016 Awardee
"The Canada-China Scholars’ Exchange Program allowed me to visit Zhejiang University in Hangzhou for ten months. As a visiting Canadian professor, I carried out research in the field of biomechanics and rehabilitation, which is relatively new in China…Thanks to the Canada-China Scholars’ Exchange Program, a long-term international collaboration has been established and will benefit both the Canadian and Chinese universities."
- Date Modified: