Grants available for faculty at Canadian postsecondary institutions
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON COVID-19:
Institutions and prospective candidates are encouraged to monitor the program guidelines and news to note any updates to deadlines over the coming days and weeks.
For more information, visit COVID-19 situation: International scholarships application deadline update.
January 27, 2020 – The Government of Canada is offering a grant to full-time professors and researchers for short-term teaching or research projects in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Faculty Mobility Program aims to increase the number of institutional collaborations and student exchange agreements between Canadian, Latin American and Caribbean postsecondary institutions.
Canadian postsecondary institutions have to apply on behalf of faculty by filling out an online application form detailing the proposed study or research projects in eligible countries.
- Program name: Faculty Mobility Program
- Funding organization: Government of Canada
- Target audience: Canadian postsecondary institutions
- Duration: Three to eight weeks
- Value: Up to CAD 7,000 per project
- Inclusions: airfare, living expenses, health insurance and visa or work permit fees and other eligible expenses
- Deadline: March 20, 2020 (Deadline extended)
For more information, visit Faculty Mobility Program.
Adam Duong, 2019-2020 Grant recipient
The results of this instructor mobility surpassed my expectations! As I was on site, I was able to develop my network of scientific partners, which would have been much more difficult in Canada. I seized the opportunities available to me during my stay by keeping a flexible schedule that enabled me to make the most of meetings and opportunities for sharing my knowledge with Colombian students.
- Date Modified: