Study in Canada Scholarships for international students
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON COVID-19:
Institutions and prospective candidates are encouraged to monitor the program guidelines and news to note any updates to deadlines over the coming days and weeks.
For more information, visit COVID-19 situation: International scholarships application deadline update.
February 5, 2020 – Following the launch of the new International Education Strategy, Global Affairs Canada is pleased to present the Study in Canada Scholarships program for Canadian post-secondary institutions to welcome international students from diverse regions worldwide to programs across Canada.
The program aims to diversify and enrich Canada’s education engagement with a broad range of partners, to support Canadian institutions’ internationalization objectives, strengthen bilateral ties, and complement Canada’s international trade diversification efforts.
Funded by the Government of Canada, these scholarships will be awarded to students from all academic disciplines, for post-secondary programs of up to two years leading to a diploma, post-secondary or post-graduate certificate, or Master’s degree at a college, technical or vocational institute, or university in Canada.
Canadian post-secondary institutions will apply for scholarships on behalf of eligible candidates, who have met the admissions criteria of their chosen program of study. Applications will be accepted from February to March 2020.
- Program name: Study in Canada Scholarships
- Funding organization: Government of Canada
- Target audience: Students from all academic discipline at the post-secondary level from the following countries / territories: Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Comoros, Djibouti, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Liberia, Mauritania, Micronesia, Palau, Tonga, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Vanuatu, and Palestinians from the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem
- Value of the award: Up to CAD 60,000 per year
- Duration of the award: 1 to 2 years
- Includes: Airfare, tuition, monthly living allowance, study permit, accommodation, health insurance and more.
- Application period: February 5 to March 31, 2020 (Deadline extended)
Visit Study in Canada Scholarships for more information on this program.
- Date Modified: