New scholarships available for CARICOM students in the green economy sector
October 21, 2020 – Further to Minister Champagne’s announcement in February 2020 of the new Canada–CARICOM Skills Training for the Green Economy Scholarships program, Global Affairs Canada is pleased to introduce this new short-term exchange opportunity in Canada for students from the Caribbean Community member states, who pursue certificates, diplomas and associate degrees in disciplines related to climate change and resilience building.
The Canada-CARICOM Skills Training for the Green Economy Scholarships program is facilitated through institutional collaborations and student exchange agreements between publicly funded Canadian colleges and institutes and post-secondary institutions across the CARICOM offering technical or vocational education and training (TVET).
Interested candidates should contact their home institution’s international office about existing partnerships or student exchange agreements with Canadian colleges and institutes, which would enable their participation in the program.
- Program name: Canada-CARICOM Skills Training for the Green Economy Scholarships program
- Funding organization: Global Affairs Canada
- Target audiences: Students at the certificate, diploma and associate degree levels in Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago
- Duration: For a minimum of 4 months or one academic term or for a period of 8 months or two academic terms
- Inclusions: Visa and/or study/work permit fees, airfare, health insurance, living expenses, ground transportation, books and supplies
- Application period: January to March 2021
For information about the new scholarships program visit: Canada-CARICOM Skills Training for the Green Economy Scholarships Program.
Stay tuned for the upcoming competition launch slated for January 2021!
- Date Modified: