Revamped Study in Canada Scholarships for international students
November 24, 2020 – Global Affairs Canada presents the second edition of the Study in Canada Scholarships, in a new format and with a new roster of eligible countries/territories.
Starting in 2021, a short-term student exchange model will replace scholarships for full programs of study, piloted earlier this year. At least 50 scholarships will be awarded in the next competition, with the number increasing each year. The new format will ensure an even closer alignment with the New International Education Strategy by increasing and diversifying international partnerships for Canadian institutions.
Successful candidates will receive scholarships for four months or one academic term of study or research at the college, undergraduate or graduate levels or for five to six months of study or research at the graduate level.
Interested candidates should contact their home institution’s international office about existing partnerships or student exchange agreements with Canadian post-secondary institutions, which would enable their participation in the program.
- Program name: Study in Canada Scholarships
- Funding organization: Global Affairs Canada
- Target audience: Students at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels and post-secondary institutions in the following countries/territories: Algeria, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Taiwan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, and Ukraine
- Duration of the award: four months or one academic term of study or research at the college, undergraduate or graduate (Master's and PhD) levels or five to six months of study or research at the graduate (Master's and PhD) level
- Includes: Visa and/or study/work permit fees, airfare, health insurance, living expenses, ground transportation, books and supplies
- Application period: January to March 2021
Visit Study in Canada Scholarships for more information.
Stay tuned for the competition launch slated for January 2021!
- Date Modified: