Provincial and territorial awards for non-Canadians

Some provinces and territories offer scholarships for international students to study or conduct research in Canada.

For information about scholarships and bursaries offered by provinces and territories, contact their respective Ministry responsible for Education.

Learn about scholarships and bursaries offered by the provinces of British Columbia and Ontario:

British Columbia


  • Ontario Trillium Scholarships Program: The Government of Ontario funds Trillium Awards for international PhD students to study at a university in Ontario. This program is described on the individual Ontario university websites.