Coronavirus (COVID-19) and international students

Global Affairs Canada’s International Education Division is committed to providing international students with updated information and guidance. We hope that you feel supported by your Canadian institutions and community and remember, you are not alone. International students are encouraged to reach out to their international students’ office to remain informed of measures and supports their institutions have put in place for international students at this time.

Canada values the international students that have chosen to study in Canada. Your well-being is important to us. Although the current circumstances are challenging, we will get through this together.

For links to Government of Canada information on the current situation, as well as information resources for international students, please consult the following EduCanada content:

Coronavirus (COVID-19) update for international students

To learn more about:

  • Exemptions to travel restrictions
  • Post-Graduation Work Permit eligibility
  • Eligibility for Government of Canada-funded benefits
  • Scholarships
  • Health care, including mental health
  • Housing

Visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for international students (updated June 24, 2021) page.