Why students from Thailand study in Canada
Every year, thousands of Thai students choose to study in Canada. In Canada, you can enjoy:
- a high quality of life
- a safe and inclusive society
- exceptional education options with Canada’s education system
- career opportunities after graduation
Study in Canada
You can send your child to Canada to attend elementary or high school or prepare for their post-secondary education at one of our English or French language schools. They will develop language skills while experiencing a new culture and building international friendships.
Canadian academic credentials are recognized worldwide and study costs for international students are generally lower than in other English-speaking countries (QS Top Universities, 2022). You can apply for scholarships to help you cover some education and living expenses.
There are many pathways to college and university in Canada. Choosing between college and university depends on your interests and goals. Canadian colleges and universities offer flexibility. If you study at one school and wish to transfer to another you are typically able to receive academic credit for courses you already completed. Some people even choose to attend both college and university.
Learn more about featured study programs in Canada for students from Thailand.
Canada-Thailand fast fact
Thailand is currently Canada’s second-largest overall trading partner in the ASEAN region. Learn more about Canada-Thailand relations from Global Affairs Canada.
Live and work in Canada
As a full-time student in Canada, you can work during your studies. This can help you pay for your education, while gaining valuable international work experience. To build your career in Canada, you might consider staying to work in Canada after your studies.
Want to stay in Canada after your studies? You may be eligible for a Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). Learn how to work in Canada after you graduate with the PGWP from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Did you know?
- Canada was ranked number 3 in the world for quality of life according to a survey from U.S. News and World report. International students in Canada benefit from the same freedoms which protect all Canadians: respect for human rights, equality, diversity and a stable, peaceful society.
- Canada consistently ranks as one of the top most livable countries in the world according to the United Nations Human Development Index. The ranking is based on health, education and standards of living measures.
- Live and work in Canada
- Plan your studies in Canada
- Understand the Canadian education system
- Find programs and costs
- Search colleges and universities
- Language schools
- Permits and visas for international students
- Prepare your budget
- Study in Canada: Pre-departure guide
- Staying in Canada after your studies
- Study costs
- Education in Canada news
- Date Modified: