Professional certifications in Canada
Canadian colleges and professional associations offer pathways to professional and career certification in a vast range of fields of work from accounting to education, financial planning, health care, information technology, legal, project management and much more.
Benefits of a professional certification in Canada
Certification in Canada offers you practical knowledge, support and credibility to enhance your career both in Canada and abroad. It provides an important pathway to employment, placing you above your peers who may not be certified. Professional certification validates your expertise and often generates a higher salary.
Cost of professional certification in Canada
You’ll find professional certification programs available both in-person and online through distance education. Use our Search colleges & universities tool to locate the program you need and the cost for completing it.
Each career or professional certification program in Canada has its own policies and requirements for admission. To complete your certification in Canada, you must provide proof of your English or French language capabilities.
- English-language institutions may require you to write a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL).
- French-language institutions assess students individually. To learn what a certain institution requires, check with the college or association responsible for the certification.
- Online learning and distance education
- Study costs for international students in Canada
- Common pathways to college and university in Canada
- Top reasons to study in Canada
- Studying in Canada: Pre-departure guide
- Stories of international students in Canada
- Date Modified: