Travelling in Canada
There’s so much to see and do in Canada. Explore your options online, ask Canadians for recommendations, talk to a travel agent, then pack your bags! This section offers ideas and inspiration, along with some resources to get you started.
Experience Canada checklist
- Ski in the Rocky Mountains, at Blue Mountain in Ontario or at Mont-Sainte-Anne in Quebec.
- Get soaking wet from the spray at Niagara Falls, Ontario.
- Attend the Calgary Stampede or visit the indoor beach at the West Edmonton Mall.
- Enjoy the colours of autumn leaves in a national park. Go camping, canoeing, hiking or surfing in summer, and snowshoeing, skating or skiing in winter.
- Skate on Ottawa’s Rideau Canal. It is the world’s longest skating rink.
- Climb the CN Tower in the centre of Toronto.
- See the northern lights in Canada’s Arctic.
- Go dog sledding in the Yukon or see polar bears in Churchill, Manitoba.
- Watch the sun set on Canada’s famed prairies.
- See icebergs float by as you stand on the Newfoundland and Labrador coastline.
- Eat a lobster dinner in the Maritimes or see whales playing on Canada’s west coast.
How to travel in Canada
You’ll find every form of transportation in Canada. Airplanes and railways, along with subways, buses and cars, can take you anywhere you’d like to go. To find out more about travelling within Canada, including how to get around, visit our provinces and territories of Canada pages:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
If you’d like to experience Canada by foot, bike, ski, boat, snowmobile or horseback, we have The Great Trail, which stretches right across Canada. That’s 24,000 kilometres of trails. How cool is that? Oh, and don’t forget boats. With so many lakes, rivers, bodies of water and three oceans, we know how to get around on water. You might want to try jet skiing, canoeing, kayaking, boating, or even travelling by ferry to places like Newfoundland and Îles-de-la-Madeleine in Quebec.
What to see in Canada
There’s so much to see and do in Canada. Beyond Canada’s natural beauty and fun outdoor adventures, there are thousands of vibrant cities and fascinating towns to explore. Get to know our people, cultures and history. You’ll discover food inspired by cuisines from around the world; fresh seafood on Canada’s coasts; wines and craft beers made with care; and music that reflects the unique cultural pockets of Canada.
Want to know more? Start your search using the following tourism websites for Canada:
- Canada Travel Explore Destination Canada’s official travel guide to Canada’s food and drink, culture, natural wonders and adventures. Find out where to go and what to do.
- Parks Canada Discover Canada’s national parks, historic sites and marine conservation areas. No matter where you go in Canada—a park visit is a must! Learn about camping and what to see and do.
- Date Modified: