International student wellness
Studying in a new country can be overwhelming. When you study in Canada, you have access to support programs and resources.
Find resources through your school
Many institutions offer services and programs on campus to help students find the help they need. Your school may be able to help you find:
- academic study and writing advice
- financial aid and scholarships
- housing or accommodation
- work on or off campus
- opportunities for networking, mentorship and meeting other students
You may also have access to other services to support you such as:
- academic advisors
- health and mental health services
- international student centres or offices
- legal aid clinics
- student unions
- writing centres
Contact your institution to find out which services are available to you.
Find support in Canada
Mental health support in Canada
- Crisis lines for those affected by gender-based violence
- Kids Help Phone
- Talk Suicide Canada
- Wellness Together Canada
- Youth Mental Health Canada – YMHC
Provincial and territorial resources
Newfoundland and Labrador
Prince Edward Island
- About mental health
- Canadian Mental Health Association: Find CMHA in your area
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health: Mental Health 101
- Mental health support: get help
International students are often eligible to work in Canada while studying.
Discover the many reasons why international students choose to study in Canada.
Do you want to stay in Canada after you graduate? Learn how you can live and work in Canada.
- Date Modified: