Language selection


Education agents

Education consultants or agencies help international students prepare to study in Canada and find placements.

What education agents do

Education agents give advice and support to international students and families. You can find them in Canada and in your home country. They help place international students in schools. They cannot provide advice on Canada’s immigration process (it’s illegal). The Government of Canada does not qualify, accredit, guarantee or endorse education agents. 

What you should know

Education agents may also be called an agency, student advisor, education consultant, counsellor or representative. Before you hire an education agent, be sure to:

Did you know?

Canada is the #2 best country in the world

(Source: U.S. News 2023)

This ranking includes quality of life: safety, freedom, stability, job market and public education system


Beware of education agent fraud

Some international students have become victims of education agent fraud. Unfortunately, some agents offer false promises. This might include guaranteed entry into Canada or a scholarship in exchange for money and personal information.

Here are tips for dealing with education agents safely:

If someone tries to tell you they will get you a high-paying job, faster application processing or guaranteed entry into Canada, be careful. These are warning signs of fraud.

Learn more

Date Modified: